Monday, July 8, 2013

Bucket Lists

Does anyone out there have a bucket list? I know most people probably have the whole, I have to do these things before I leave this world kind of idea, but I mean a real, true list that you have somewhere and you check things off as you go along. You dream up things that would fulfill you in some way, and you are bound and determined to go through with them sooner or later, no matter what. The sooner the better, too, probably, am I right? Because let's face it. This life is a gift--our time here can be over in the blink of an eye, and who wants to leave without actually living? Which, admittedly, can have a different definition for different people. Different strokes and all that good stuff. Which is why I'm discovering that actually having a bucket list is pretty important. Only you knows what would make you happy.

My family makes me happy. I'm fulfilled in every way when it comes to that. But, there are things that are important to me that might not be terribly meaningful to them, which is what makes this little project so personal. Everyone should have one. I hope to encourage my husband to make one, and for us to go through both of our lists together. Because it would mean more to have him by my side. I hope for one day to inspire my daughters to have one, and if they want me with them, I'll be there every step of the way. There are some things on my list that will obviously be family adventures, also, so they're kind of stuck whether they like it or not. Because a good bit of mine consists of traveling.

So, I encourage everyone to really think about what they would like to accomplish or do before they leave some day. Make a list, stick by it, and make yourself sublimely happy. You deserve it.

My Bucket List:

Stay for a week at Animal Kingdom Lodge in Disney World. A Savannah view room. It would be beyond breathtaking, I think, to wake up and have coffee while watching a zebra graze just below my balcony.

Publish at least 5 books, either traditionally or as an Indie author. This one is proving to take longer than I'd thought, but I'm working on it.

Be able to give both of my daughters the wedding of their dreams one day.

Visit London. I'm a huge history buff, and I love, love, love the history of the English monarchy. I would be thrilled to visit Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London. Sigh. One day.

See Miranda Lambert in concert. She kicks ass.

There are so many places within the U.S. I want to see, it would take forever to list them all. But I think the number one place would have to be Los Angeles. I've always had stars in my eyes. Plus it would make the next two items on my list much easier.

Be on a game show. I think I would rock that so hard. Except, don't put me on Jeopardy. I wouldn't be as good at that one. Haha.

Attend a taping of Dancing with the Stars. I'd better get a move on regarding this one. Who knows how long my favorite cheesy ballroom show will be on the air.

See the Northern Lights.

Have a white Christmas. Because I live in the south, I've never had one of these. We may have had some flurries before, but I want so much snow on the ground that I sink to my ankles when I walk outside. I want to look out the window from my place in front of the Christmas tree, and see a blanket of white, and more falling. My husband and I are planning to do this one once our children are older and don't believe in Santa anymore. We'll go to Colorado probably. Because that would knock out my last item--to ski. Note I did not say learn to ski-because that would take too long and I would probably suck at it. I don't have the best coordination. But I'd like to try it. Oh, and while we're at it, I'll add surfing to the list. I would like to try that too. Though, I'm deathly afraid of the ocean and all of the sharp toothed things that lurk in it's waters, so my surfing experience will probably happen at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon. When I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, of course.

I know I have readers--my stats tell me that. I don't know how you guys are still hanging with me, since I'm such a slacker. I'm trying to do better though--see, I blogged two days in a row! Anyway, I don't normally have comments. If anybody would like to comment with their own bucket list, I'd love to read them!

Bye for now,

Ryann

No comments:

Post a Comment