Monday, February 18, 2013

Mulan, Rapunzel, and Belle

I wasn't sure what to blog about today. I'm home sick and there hasn't been anything going on for me the past 24 hours except sleep. Luckily, with the help of antibiotics, tomorrow I'll feel back to my old self.

So, I decided to introduce you to my friends. For the purpose of this blog, from now forward, they'll be known as the three princesses they remind me most of: Mulan, Rapunzel, and Belle. Because I don't know that they (or I) would be comfortable with my using their real names. But, I'll probably be talking about them a good bit, so hopefully this will explain who they are and why they mean so, so much to me. And I'm obsessed with all things Disney, which is why I chose princesses to be the alter ego of each of these amazing women.

Mulan. Mulan and I have been friends since I can remember. I picked Disney's chinese warrier princess for this friend...why? Because my friend is from China? No. She's not. But she possesses all of the virtues that this brave woman shows throughout her story. She's fearless. She's brilliant. She's more beautiful inside AND out than she would ever let herself think. She would do anything for the people she loves, and if anybody hurts someone she cares for, you'd better watch out, because she won't hesitate to let you have it (only through her words of course--Mulan would never physically hurt anyone. Because as tough and wise as she is, she also has a huge heart.) When Mulan cares about you, it's forever, no matter how many times you might piss her off. She will tell you like it is, but she will also be there when you fall. Always.

Rapunzel. I've been friends with Rapunzel for twenty years. Rapunzel, the princess in the movie, feels trapped in her first home. She loves it, but she knows there is more out there for her. Not unlike Rapunzel, my friend. While she always has and always will love the place she grew up, she also knew there was a great big world out there, and she wanted to break free and explore, learn, grow. I'm so proud of her for doing that, no matter how often I might bug her about being so far away from me. Rapunzel is also probably the most smart ass Disney princess, and boy is that right on the money. When she meets Flynn Rider in the movie, they click because they each give what they get, and they push each other. Just the kind of man my real Rapunzel needs, because nobody else would ever satisfy her. In other similarities, real Rapunzel is beautiful, smart, loving. Everything a princess should be.

Belle. Belle is a bit of a new friendship. We did grow up together, but we only just became close about six or seven years ago. Belle is wide eyed and kind, a ray of sunshine when times can get dark. She's beautiful, and trusting even when she maybe shouldn't be. Belle, the princess, just like Belle, my friend, is an amazing person who would give anything of herself. She loves to make others happy, and will do so no matter what. She will always, always be there when you need her, and never fails to make you feel like you are the most important person in the world to her, because that is just the kind of friend she is.

I love these women. They mean everything to me, and I know how lucky I am to have them in my life. I know that through good times, and though bad, they'll always be there. And I hope they know that I will always, always, do the same for them.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Ryann

No comments:

Post a Comment